Welcome to the Wigan & Leigh Community Safety Partnership. Our business, with you, is to tackle crime, disorder, fear of crime and drugs & alcohol misuse.
Wigan’s partnership approach to crime prevention started in 1990. This brought the key agencies together
with an understanding that we had to address the causes as well as the symptoms of criminal and drug
The introduction of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 brought a wider range of partner organisations
together and we incorporated our work on drugs misuse.
Working in partnership to bring down crime and anti social behaviour has proved to be very successful.
Operation Treacle and Challenge are the largest of our operations.
The Partnership will plan, deliver and evaluate positive action that reduces crime, fear of crime,
drugs related harm and offending behaviour through multi-agency work acting alongside local residents
- with the aim of creating safe, healthy and thriving communities.
Our local community will know that rates of crime, disorder and drugs misuse have been reduced substantially.
They will know why and how this has been accomplished and will live more secure and healthy lives as
We aim to:
- Reduce recorded crime
- Increase Public confidence on crime and in the Police
- Increase the number of successful drug treatments
- Reduce the number of offenders who re-offend
- Reduce the number of young people who start to offend
- Narrow the gap between our most deprived communities and the average on rates of crime
- Increase the voluntary and community sectors participating in the Partnership
- Produce cleaner streets and better green spaces.